Terms & Conditions
- Terms Overview. This Site is subject to the following terms and conditions. By proceeding to view this Site you will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. No other terms shall apply. These terms may be varied by Simpson & Marwick from time to time and the revised terms will be deemed to apply at the relevant time.
- Right to alter material. Simpson & Marwick reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time and may, at any time, revise these terms without notice by updating this section.
- Site Information given in good faith. The information in this Site, in either text or photographic format, is given in good faith and for general information and interest only. Whilst Simpson & Marwick uses reasonable efforts to only include accurate information in the Site it makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of any information given. Simpson & Marwick assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Site Information not advice or recommendation. The information in this Site, in either text or photographic format, should not be relied on and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation. By using this Site you confirm that you have not relied on any such information. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named or referred to on the Site are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
- Contractual Relationships. Nothing on this Site is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
- Links from Simpson & Marwick. This Site may carry hypertext links to sites operated by third parties for reference and information purposes only. Simpson & Marwick has not reviewed and does not review the sites that may be linked to this Site and is not responsible for the content of, nor accepts any liability arising in respect of, any other sites linked to this Site which are not under the strict control of Simpson & Marwick The presence of links to other third party operated sites shall not be deemed to be a recommendation by Simpson & Marwick of such sites nor of any advice or information posted on them.
- Contractual Obligations. Except as set out at clause 10 below, Simpson & Marwick will be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused arising out of or in conjunction with the use of this Site or the use, accessing, downloading or relying on any or other materials contained in this Site, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus.
- Liability. These terms and conditions do not exclude its liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from Simpson & Marwick's negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for Simpson & Marwick to exclude or to attempt to exclude it's liability.
- Site Ownership. The Site is owned and operated by Simpson & Marwick No material may be copied, modified or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your private use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. The use of any such material on any other website or computer environment is strictly prohibited.
- Site operated under Scottish Law. The Site is controlled and operated by Simpson & Marwick from the United Kingdom and is subject to the Law of Scotland. Any dispute concerning these terms and conditions or any of the materials on this Site shall be governed by the Law of Scotland and the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such disputes.
- Geographical Location. If you are not based in the UK then your use of this Site is without the authority of Simpson & Marwick which will not be responsible for any loss or liability arising as a result of such unauthorised access.
- Interruptions And Omissions. In This Service Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this Site remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the Internet is not always a stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. As a result, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this Site (or any particular part of it).
- Invalidity. If any part of our terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Email Confidentiality & Email Disclaimer. Messages received are private, confidential, privileged and intended for the stated addressee(s). If you have received the message in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your system. Any sharing of the message and or its contents is prohibited unless approved by Simpson & Marwick. Any information that does not relate to business of Simpson & Marwick shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Property information supplied by the email does not constitute any part of an offer or contract and is subject to Simpson & Marwick's usual terms and conditions. The email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus, or defect, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure this. Simpson & Marwick does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising in any way from its receipt or use or for any errors or omissions in its contents which may arise as a result of its transmission.
This privacy statement sets out how Simpson & Marwick complies with European Union data protection requirements. This applies to the entire web site. Any changes to these policies will be posted on this Site.
Simpson & Marwick is committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our Site so that, in general, you can visit Simpson & Marwick on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
We require that users supply personal information, including name, company (if applicable), address, telephone number and e-mail address prior to receiving specific corporate and information materials or where you submit an enquiry to us.
We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your housing preferences and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about the properties we have for sale.
Where users are applying for a position of employment with Simpson & Marwick we ask that a curriculum vitae is submitted to enable us to properly consider the application
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Our representatives will usually follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, with people who have requested information from this Site.
We may periodically send promotional mail or e-mails about new properties or other information which we think you may find interesting using the address or e-mail address which you have provided. Should you wish not to receive these updates, please uncheck the appropriate box when submitting your details.
Who we share the information with and your choices
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
As a regulated law firm, we are a controller of the personal information we process in connection with our engagement under this letter.
In our capacity as a controller, we are responsible for ensuring that we process personal information in accordance with relevant data protection laws; and we are directly liable under those laws for any failure to do so. As a result, we take our data protection responsibilities very seriously.
A copy of our current full privacy notice is available online at www.clydeco.com/help/privacy or in hard copy on request.
Other web sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
To read more about what cookies are being set by GA please visit: GA Concepts Cookies. Personal information about you is not collected at any point during the tracking process.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to aboutcookies.org.